Friday, May 10, 2013

Growing Our Family

Haha. This is not a post stating that I'm pregnant. Thought I'd straighten that out first thing. However, as I've been reading other blogs, I realize what Brent and I are lacking. Adorable, hilarious children to write about. So I've decided our garden is our babies. And I will post many pictures of them and the adorable things that they do (aka...grow...). Lately, it's sprung up like crazy!

Here's the lettuce. We've already snuck a couple tastes, and it's super yummy!


Carrots. I'm just happy that they're visible. Before, you'd have to take out a magnifying glass to see them. 



Our kale!! It surprisingly tastes like broccoli...

Our Peas and Radishes. They're growing like crazy! The radishes are done, so we take a few every day. Brent's super into eating the greens of the radishes. 


PEAS! A headshot. 


This was our garden a week ago. Since then we've added a few tomato plants and a fence for the peas to grow up on. I'll have to go take some pictures of that for you guys. 

This is Brent and I's second week of full-time work. We're both exhausted by the end of the day. It's all going good though, and we're so grateful to have jobs! We also just found out we got our academic scholarships. SO happy about that. Life is pretty slow right now. Work, come home, sleep. I've been trying to do some exciting things. I'm going through books like crazy. We have some more exciting news later on that I'll need to post on. So stay tuned. 

1 comment:

  1. YEA, your garden is beautiful, and it is your family!! YOU REAP what you GROW!! Gardening is so rewarding, therapeutic too, ENJOY the Fruits of your Labors!!

    ReplyDelete