Friday, May 17, 2013

Eating Lately

So Brent and I were made aware of a Candida cleanse by Brent's sister Andrea. The gist of the cleanse is to only eat veggies and healthy proteins. We've been going strong at it for over two weeks now. It takes A LOT more planning and creativity. Aside from the roaring headaches of sugar cravings and donut daydreams, I have been feeling amazing. I think everyone should try this at least one time in their life. My face is completely clear and healthy! My body feels so clean and light all the time. It has also shown me that I could possibly be slightly gluten intolerant. So for all of you who are fascinated with what we've been eating, here are some killer recipes. Some of them are the best dishes I have ever had.

(we actually used some of my mother's pesto instead of sause and used this amazing spice mix from Costco (Sweet ginger garlic) on the chicken. Amazing)


This was my Mother's Day breakfast surprise



And here is Brent's Favorite:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/coconut-chicken-with-spinach/


And my favorite, sorry I don't have a picture:
Cabbage Soup
  • one head green cabbage, sliced into strips
  • one onion, chopped
  • 1 lb of hamburger (browned)
  • 2 cans diced/stewed tomatoes
  • 1 can tomato sauce
  • About 1 can of water
  • 1 can chickpeas, drained
  • italian spices to taste (pepper, garlic, oregano, sage)
Here are the really complicated directions:
Place all ingredients in your slow cooker on low 

Mostly I loved that one because it was so easy and yummy. With healthy food, you don't usually get both EASY and YUMMY. Just saying. It's usually time consuming and yummy. 
On another note, I just got back from a girls night with my Mom and a friend. Gail Carson Levine  spoke at our library. Her books Ella Enchanted and Fairest were my FAVORITE books ever. Turns our she's under 5 feet. I don't know why I am so stuck on that fact, but it just was really funny to me. 
Hearing her speak and looking back on the books that shaped my childhood, I am just so grateful for amazing authors. Books taught me so much and opened a whole new world for me. To this day I think 'Books' is in my top three of things I will passionately talk about for hours. Especially in my Major of Elementary Education, I have learned so much about the importance of reading for kids. To me, reading for kids is like healthy food for kids. It's a must have/do. 
Anyways, life is good here! Brent and I both work all day so not much else happens. More updates on the garden soon! 


3 comments:

  1. MY HEART is so happy, it is an AMAZING CLEANSE, I just NEED to STICK with it, that is AWESOME that you and Brent are doing it together, that makes it fun!!! So happy you are feeling better, our BODIES are such a TEMPLE and so WORTHING of being CLEANSED and KEPT CLEAN, I am NOW inspired to TRY again today to CLEANSE and be CLEAN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS now for sure you and Brent will be going to the Celestial Kingdom, actually I have NEVER had any doubts..... LOL LOVE you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you guys! That omelet looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete