Sunday, June 2, 2013

Memorial Day

Everyone tries to be good at something. And most of the time, I try really hard to be a good wife. This envolves a lot of trying my Hubby's hobbies. Brent loves to bike. He's just really good at it and loves to do it all the time. Before we got married, I hadn't riden a bike since 5th or 6th grade. About two weeks after we got married Brent bought me a bike, and ever since I've been trying to like it. It took awhile, but now i'm really getting into it (funny note: The day after we got my bike I got hit by a car. I blame this incident on me not liking biking for awhile). Now I love it and I ride my bike everywhere! Cars still make me nervous, but I'm finally getting over that.
So we live in Provo and my parents live in American Fork, a few towns away. We can usually get there in 25 minutes in a car. Recently, they built this huge trail that connects all the cities. IT IS AMAZING. No cars, runs for miles and miles and is very well paves and very pretty. So Brent and I decided to bike to my parents in American Fork for Memorial Day weekend. Here's our route:

We traveled from Provo, which is the bottom right corner, up to the green section in American Fork! It was a good 14 miles or so. Here is us on the return journey

It was so fun and I was really surprised at how easy it ended up being. We made the trip in one hour and 23 minutes! Pretty fast in my opinion. We had so much fun at my parents house too! They put on an awesome breakfast and a bunch of my family came over. I think we'll be making this trip a lot more often this summer.

1 comment:

  1. yea, so glad you like to ride, it is awesome they built that trail, YOU are a sweet girl, I LOVE that you LOVE my boy so much that you will try new and exciting things, that's what marriage is ALL about!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete