Monday, June 10, 2013

Date Night Pottery

So, remember when I was talking about trying Brent's hobbies? Well, he was a good sport and tried one of mine. I absolutely love painting. I just love creating something from a blank page. So Brent took us out to dinner (thank all the people who gave us gift cards to restaurants...it allows us to have a nice date dinner) then surprised me by taking me to a pottery art studio. We picked out a bowl to paint and did a natural scene. We were very scared for how it would turn out (especially since I made Brent paint a few things...haha just joking he did great). So here's the masterpiece!!

Here's my tree.

Here is Brent's tree

Brent did the lake and he was VERY proud of it. 

This is the inside. We wanted it to look like a pond with leaves floating on the surface. 

I had so much fun, and I want to go back again! I think once we're settled down in a house I'll make all our dishes...I might be getting ahead of myself with an impossible task, but we'll see. Anyways, we love our bowl. A little too much actually. Right now it just sits on our table because we're afraid to use it. It's just too pretty....

2 comments:

  1. YEA what a fun way to spend your birthday, the bowl is BEAUTIFUL, you are both quite talented!!!

    ReplyDelete