Monday, October 19, 2015

Momhood

Deep moment of the week, (I am loving all these new talks from out General Conference for our church)

I think the hardest thing to accept as a Mother, in my weak selfish times, is that I will never get a break. Even if I wanted to, my body will not allow me to. It is impossible to ignore Isaac at night when he's crying to be fed, no matter how exhausted I am. It is impossible for me to not plan around his schedule and life constantly. My whole world and being revolves around a little child. So when President Holland gave his talk 'Behold They Mother', I was struck by a few of his ideas. The first is this:

"When Isaiah, speaking messianically, wanted to convey Jehovah’s love, he invoked the image of a mother’s devotion. “Can a woman forget her sucking child?” he asks. How absurd, he implies, though not as absurd as thinking Christ will ever forget us."

I have never fully understood Christ's love for me. I struggle with long-distance relationships. I have ruined a few of these simply because I'm a 'here and now' sort of person. I need to be with the person on a weekly basis to feel the connection. So I have struggled with the very long-distance type of relationship with Christ. But being a Mother, and feeling that constant love for Isaac and the need to help him, I understand his love so much more. If I cannot forget Isaac, who I have born, delivered, and carried, how could Christ forget me when he has done the same for me?

Anyway, deep moment of the week. 

Isaac turns 7 months tomorrow. I'm really not sure where the time went, but this doesn't bode well for the next 7 months of his life. They are going to be just as fast I'm sure. 
7 months
Big personality
goes to bed every night at 7, much to his parent's delight
loves his rubber ducky
talks up a storm, especially when tired
eats lots of purees and carrot sticks
sits up really well
Takes 2 naps a day
Loves walks
Hates being left in a room by himself, especially if we are eating in the other room
Has started grinning at me and chuckling at things we do


These pictures aren't great. They're not even good. But they are excellent at showing what torture goes on around here to Isaac. He loves it though and has a habit of clinging to Brent's hands when he's being swung.




He loves his ball but it always rolls away from him. When it does he gets super sad, even after the ball has been returned.


Brent and I have become obsessed with Indian food lately. It is just so good! We have an Indian place right by our house that has a lunch buffet for $8.99. I honestly feel like I'm robbing them by the amount of food we put away, but we love it!



Our attempt at making him crawl. He HATES that we put him just out of reach of all his toys. Not sure if this is going to make him crawl or damage him emotionally for life.




1 comment:

  1. What sad face when his ball moves away. I love Indian food also. It's very good for you because of all the curries..

    ReplyDelete