Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Froberg Visit

Well I have struggled blogging while we've had so much company visiting the last two weeks. So here is a blog Tuesday...a week and a day late.



At our new apartment, we occasionally smell some wonderful aromas. We have a coffee factory right by our house, and also the Ghirardelli Chocolate Factory. I blame this on my now large consumption of chocolate every week. Anyway, Brent finished his first Board exam, AND got a 4.0 this quarter so I took him to the factory outlet at the chocolate factory for a treat. He was very surprised and had a great time picking out all their amazing chocolates. Then I realized I forgot my wallet....so we had to drive back home to get it to pay for the chocolate. So my treat turned more into a mistake of mine, which is only funny now that I look back on it.




Isaac's first swing experience. He was wide-eyed but stone faced the entire time. Well, hopefully he'll like it more one day. 
During a skype session with Brent's parents, they decided they couldn't handle being away from Isaac any longer so they were coming to visit. I can't blame them, the little guy is pretty cute. So they came to visit us last week, and we had a great time!

We went to two beaches while they were here and San Francisco. The city is amazing, it's so busy and there are so many cool things to see but BOY is it crazy.

We took them to a new beach that is closer to us in Alameda. It's such a nice beach because it is Bay water so it's warmer and calmer. Isaac loved the water, watching it mesmerized and splashing in it.











Isaac loves to play with my hair. In other words, I have lost a lot of hair lately. 




Our next beach was north of the Golden Gate Bridge, Muir Beach, and was a long drive. The beach itself was beautiful, but unfortunately there were sand lice there. Lots of them. Which was really gross. But something else made it totally worth it. We stay a pod of dolphins!! They were by the shore and they were amazing! The tide went out and we had so much fun exploring the tide pools. There were hundreds of sea anemone and a few fun crabs.














We rode the BART into San Francisco because parking there not only is stressful, but expensive. The BART is always an experience. I like how fast it goes and looking out at the houses, but some weird people ride it.

We got a day pass to ride the Cable Cars and had a great time going up those amazing hills on the streets. We walked up Lombard street which was a huge workout, especially for Brent carrying the stroller up the hills/steps. It is amazing how huge and beautiful the houses are in San Francisco. We spent the rest of the day exploring on the Cars and Buses, finishing with a ride into the sunset on a hill. Isaac did so good, only having one fit the entire time. He loves to see things and be outside.  It was an awesome trip, but the most exciting thing was seeing Isaac with his Grandparents. Brent and I love him so much that it's fun to share him with our parents.


View from on top of Lombard Street



1 comment:

  1. Isaac is so dang cute. I need to visit you so I can go to the chocolate store.lol.

    ReplyDelete